Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Stay or Not?

When I first come up the idea to go back to HK, I did think about to stay there for couple years and get a job there. My mom sure want me to stay there coz I can take care of her if I do so. But, to be honest, it is hard to find a job in HK especially for the field that I have been studying about. And the paid will be a lot less compare to the US. I believe in HK, for the new college grad. is about 9K~10K HK dollars average for their salary. It would be a lot less compare to here. The median salary range is about $45K per year in US in US dollar. Even when I was at intern couple years ago, I got paid about $3K per month. So, kind of hard to imagine that the salary at HK. My aunt (my uncle's wife) told me to reconsider about staying in HK coz the salary range is a lot less. When I think twice, it is hard for me to decide if I want to stay in HK or not. For visit for sure since I haven't see my parents for three years.

I believed if I planned better at the beginning, may be I won't end up how it seem right now. But, it is too late for it, I guess I need to come up some alternatives and hopefully they will work.

2 comments:

BoringFish said...

Your concern will work itself out and I bet you will end up staying and working in Oregon.

Of course, I will be around to chill, hay-man.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Apartmetn 2310. Sounds tough to stay in Oregon or not. Jobs are slim in your field right now. I know your parents will be happy to see you again and happy if you stayed there. But how about your family in the US? Maybe you can find a temp job in HK, still check up on the US job market and move back to Oregon. Who knows? I hope things work out.