Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A talk with my mom

Anyway, I called my mom this morning coz I missed a call from my dad yesterday. It turns out nothing really matter happen. They just called....... However, my mom asked something regarding a marketing sale for a Lampe Berger fragrances. I never heard of it. And my mom told me one of her friend (not really close) asked her out for breakfast and then took her to a building (don't remember the location from my mom). It was like a seminar regarding a product for Lampe Berger, it is a product that release fragrances and it claimed that it could kill gems freshen the air. Moreover, they were trying to convince my mom to join their club as a member(cost HK$5000). Then, she could ask others to join and she could get commission by doing so. Well...... at least my mom didn't buy what they said (may be she was still thinking at that time) and find some excuses to get out of that place.


Since she talked for at least half and hour regarding that, I think she may be interested in that or want to know the true. Therefore, I spent the next 20 minutes searching on the internet and found some news regarding that brand(my mom only mentioned half of the Chinese name of that product, took me some time to find the news regarding that thing). Okay...... the search result is that it is not totally a scam(but, totally not recommend to join). But, it a marketing technique refer as MLM(Mult-Level Marketing). A lot of people ending loaning from others to pay off the stock fees. And it is true that if you were doing this at the beginning(so, that refer to the top level), you do earn money from whoever that was referred by you. However, the return is not as great as what they have mentioned in their seminar. There are news regarding this type of business couple years ago. I got couple newspapers and magazines reported this issues couple years ago. It is interesting that these kind of thing still happened now. If you want to know about the details of how MLM works or what is behind of the DCHL Lampe Berger thing, try a search on "DCHL Lampe Berger". Then, you should find some news(or anti-DCHL blog) regarding that. I did a search on yahoo HK coz my mom met these people in HK and there were news even the HK tvb station had mentioned in their programs before (like in year 2000).

1 comment:

Lampe Berger Help said...

good one..
show her my blog..
;)